Saturday, March 20, 2010

Butterflies Galore


This card was inspired by the Shades of Spring Designer Series Paper and the Embosslit Beautiful Wing Die from the Spring Occasions Mini, and the Big Shot Beautiful Butterfly Die. My Embosslit was on backorder for 2 weeks, and I was worried I would not get it in time for club! But it came Thursday and I went crazy.

The Embosslit makes 5 little butterflies of all different sizes and textures. It cuts and embosses in one step and uses tiny scraps of paper. I used Orchid Opulence, So saffron, Certainly Celery, and Shades of Spring for this card.

I cut my ds paper, then matted it with So Saffron. Both of those went down on the Certainly celery folded 5.5x4.25 cardsotck. I took some ds paper and some Orchid Opulence Cardstock in the Butterfly die making sure that my fold line was in the right place. Then I ran the large butterfly through my Texture folder to add more interest to the butterfly. Then I took 3 little half back pearls from my new Pretties Kit and applied them to my butterfly with crystal effects.

I stamped Happy Easter from my Teeny Tiny Wishes, although almost any saying from that stamp set would work well here, on a scrap of DS paper left over from my smaller butterfly dies and punched it out with my word window punch. Then I used dimensionals to pop every other tiny butterfly. The largest one went inside the card as a nice surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails