Thursday, March 3, 2011

Creative Sketches Week 1 Challenge


This week for our sketch challenge, we had a vertical layout with several thin layers.  I decided to use one of my layers with a stamp instead of adding a piece of cardstock.  It is a little hard to see in the picture, but look to the left of the larger image.  I used my other layer as the edge of the top note die.


I have really struggled with Poppy Parfait as a color, but this color challenge from Handstamped Sentiments provided the Colors for the week, Pear Pizzaz, Poppy Parade, and Blushing Bride.  I like the combo very much.  I will definitely be using it again soon!  I cheated slightly and added a tiny sliver of Crumb Cake!  Sorry guys!

The stamp set I used is Just Believe.  I absolutely this set and have used it several times.  I had not used the frame stamp though so it was great to get that inky!  Hope you like it and want to go over to Creative-sketches.com and give it a whirl for yourself!

5 comments:

  1. Heather this is really pretty! I love how that Top Note is just "peeking" out. Thank you for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! one of my favorite stamp sets and die -- great card! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp set! You did a great job with our color challenge. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you colored the image and the different layers adds so much depth. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather! I really like that little pop of Crumb Cake you added! Beautiful job with the color combo. I really like how you framed the main image with the hint of the Top Note on one side and the stamp on the other. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails