Monday, August 25, 2014

Create a Project Life MDS Page Template


So far the only thing that I am at all bummed about is with my digital version of the Project Life kits is that I don't have the nifty plastic page pages as a digital template, so I decided to make one.  I went to my trusty friend Pintrest, and found some great Project Life inspiration, and created a spread.  I noticed that most plastic pages seem to take up the whole page, and my first few attempts at making a page fit didn't work because I was trying to squish them into the bleed margins of a 12x12 page.  New plan...Ignore the bleed lines.  That isn't to say I put important stuff there, but I planned on using the whole space with imagery.

So... I created a photo layout page for myself using the Add Photo Box feature, and then editing the size.  I used 4 boxes that were 3.9x5.86, but if you want no gaps, just use the 4x6.  Those went on each corner.  Then in my center colomn, I placed 4 more boxes that were 3.86x2.9.  Again, 4x3 would work.  I moved and aligned until everything was just as I wanted it. Then I selected everything and went to File>Save as Page Photo Layout, so I don't have to do this next time.  Now, when I work, I can use the Photo template again and again.  Yeah!


Did you know that you can drag an embellishment into a photo box?  Well, you can!  Woot Woot! Go to your Add Embellishment tab, Choose the Project Life one you want, Under >Designer Kits, and go from there.

You can also rotate them too when you place them if you need them to go the other direction.  And if you dislike the one you chose, delete it and the photo box wipes back to grey and you start over.

So go through, select your happy little embellishments and photos and finish out the page.  Easy Peasy!

I added a background paper in Gumball Green, and recolored a burlap ribbon to match and used a stamp from the School DaysII set. I added journaling in the yellow box, but removed it to take this picture for privacy reasons.

What do you think?  I'd love to see some other Project Life Templates you come up with using this method so please email me, or comment below so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails