Saturday, July 27, 2013

Smash book- Stampin Up style!

I ordered the This & That Journal, washi tape, save the date stamp, and sticker set from the new catalog but I hadn't quite gotten all my supplies out until today.  With a somewhat cleaner space on my desk, I was ready to play!

I just got back from a month long trip with my kiddos for a family reunion and have really enjoyed seeing all sorts of wonderful things across the Midwest.  This smash book may turn into my scrapbook for the trip,  but I may have to go digital after all and do it with MDS!

So, the stickers are awesome,  but I saved most of them for the inside pages. I can write and stick on photos as I go because there is an awesome pocket right inside the cover which will store my stickers. The washi tape is so much fun to work with!!  I love that the interior pages are dsp which coordinates the whole book!  I also love the larger spine,  as I could see this book getting huge!  

I don't have my hexagon punch yet,  comes this week, so I had to make do with cutting banner ends!  I didn't stamp much on the cover,  just sponged the edges a bit to bring out the texture of the card stock.

I recycled the original tag from this book, I just loved it!  The pool party and calypso coral combo is just wonderful.  

After I put together the cover,  I threw together two thank you cards using my Oh Hello set,  the hexagon embossing folder, and scraps of Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, and Basic Gray .  I stayed with friends on my trip,  so I have lots of cards to send out! I am really pleased with both cards and it felt do good to be crafting again instead of painting my house!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails