Monday, May 11, 2009

Top Note Box




This wonderful box is really easy to put together. You need your Big Shot Top Note die, designer series paper, cardstock, and the white cardstock from the back of the package of designer series paper. Then you need 1 piece of 8.5x11 paper. I used the Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper, Baja Breeze, So Saffron. Cameo Coral and Basic Gray would also work

You also need a paper trimmer with the scoring slider or a bone folder, sticky strip, a stamp set ( I used Great Friend from the Spring mini catalog) scissors, a corner rounder punch, ribbon, and the snail adhesive, and dimensionals.

I got the template for this box from this website .
Trim your cardstock to measure 7.75 x10.5. Then score on the dotted lines and cut on the solid lines. Gentle fold in the flaps and put the box together using Snail Adhesive. Take a 5/8" ribbon and tie a knot or bow in front of the box. (I used some adhesive on the ribbon to keep it in place.) The ribbon helps hold the box together. Punch the corners on the lid flap so the lid is easy to close.

After you run the cardstock and designer series paper through the Big shot, put them all together in a sandwich. This will be the top and bottom lids to your box. I took the scrap from my 8.5x11 cardstock and cut it in half. (5.5 x.5) I stamped the leaves from Great Friends, trimmed it to fit my lid and adhered it to the lid. I took a 2.5 strip of Whisper white and stamped 2 butterflies and the Label from Great Friends in Baja Breeze and cut the butterflies out. Then I my Stamp-a-ma-jig and used it place my for you stamp in the center of the label. Once that was done I trimmed that out as well. I used dimensionals to pop the label and the butterflies on the box lid.

To put the box together, you need to take two strips of sticky strip for the top and bottom of the box. I like to line up the box top and make 2 tiny marks to help me match the second lid. I do the bottom lid first and then the top.

Now, fill the box with a sweet treat and you are all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails