Monday, May 11, 2009

Flower Pot Card





This little flower pot requires some patience with the scissors for the first version, and the Pretties Kit for my second version. It made a wonderful card for my mother though when I used the Great Friends "for you" and the " "I just realized..." from Eight Great Greetings.

Cut your strip of Really Rust cardstock to 3.5 x 9". Score at 2 " and 5.5" Fold the top towards you and the bottom away from you. Scallop the top edge. Then place the card (top flap up on the trimmer so the 2" score line is in the groove and the bottom is in at 1/2". Trim the pot on an angle on each side. (Step by Step pics coming soon!)

Sponge the front surface of your pot with Chocolate Chip ink to age the pot and stamp with your saying. I used For you from Great friends.

Trim a piece of Really Rust to 2.5 x4.5" and a piece of whisper White to 2.25 x4.25". Stamp the white with your sentiment. I used I just realized from Eight Great Greetings in Stazon. I colored in the flowers with my Cameo coral ink pad & Blender pens.

Then I stamped my flower from the Embrace Life set 4 times using Stazon. I used Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper, Pink Pirouette, and Cameo Coral paper. I used my gel pen to add highlights to the flowers. I cut each flower out. Then I stamped my leaves on Old Olive and carefully trimmed them out too. Using the envelope I carefully placed my leaves and flowers on the pullout card to make sure the flowers would fit in the envelop when I was finished. I used Dimensionals and Snail adhesive to adhere them to the card. Then I used a 1/4" piece of Whisper White ribbon to keep the flower pot closed.



My second version of this card used 3 flowers from the Pretties Kit, 3 buttons created using the Buttons Big Shot Die, and 6 leaves punched with the small and large oval. Use 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon in Very Vanilla to tie the Flower Pot closed. I still used For You, but changed the saying on the inside to the other one from Great Friend.

I sponged the edges of the buttons with So Saffron, and the leaves with Old Olive. First I folded the leaves in half then trimmed them to a point, then I flattened them so that they have a center vein which I highlighted with the ink as I sponged.

Thanks to this blog for the excellent inspiration for the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails