Monday, June 1, 2009

Kindergarten Field Trip


This page was designed using a page map from the Stampin Success magazine.  The original layout was designed for an 8x8 album.  I transformed it into a 12x12 to fit my album.  I wanted to use some of my Washington Apple paper and Pumpkin Pie Designer Series Paper to make the orange t shirts in the pictures really pop. I also used Bashful Blue, Whisper White,  and Riding Hood Red cardstock which coordinate with Washington Apple.

 I used the Celebrate Everything stamp set and the Darling Dots Hostess Set which had a flower that coordinated perfectly with the Washington Apple DS Paper. I stamped off with Bashful blue to create the background for my title.  Then I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to position my title perfectly.  I used my Spiral punch on the 5x7 piece of Bashful Blue cardstock to create a perfect space for Journaling (which I added in later with my bashful Blue marker).  At the bottom of the piece I stamped my flower twice, once on whisper white which I punched, and another time on a scrap which I cut out and popped on top of the first.  I took that circle and layered it with a punched circle of Riding Hood Red and a Pumpkin Pie DS scallop.

The layout originally called for ribbon and had a little clip.  Instead I used two small strips of Pumpkin Pie to stand in for the ribbon and a Riding Hood Red button from the Button Bouquet. 

For my workshop I create the layout in a totally different color pallette. The second time I used theWalk in the Park designer Series paper, So Saffron, and  Old Olive. This time I used my Chocolate Chip ribbon as an embellishment on the bottom of my journaling block. I used Celebrate Everything again, but used my Great Friend set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails