Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thank you Gifts for Teachers


It is the end of the year, and that means school is almost out, and I need gifts for Teachers, Aides, & Bus Drivers! I found a great idea on SplitcoastStampers and this blog  that inspired me to make these little combinations. I made a post it note pad & gift card holder.

I have been going through my craft area, organizing paper, sorting scraps, cleaning the closet, etc and wanted to do something without cutting into a fresh sheet of paper like I normally do.  Plus it was so much easier to use them when they were all in a file folder and not in a basket mixed together.

I used my Tart & Tangy set which has the wonderful apple in it.  (ie apple for the teacher)  I also used some retired paper scraps I had in my stash from last year.  I also used my real red and old olive scraps.  I could have used Washington Apple paper for this project, but I am planning to use my last few scraps (and the paper is now out of stock) for something else.

So...Instructions.  I used a 4.25 x4.25 chipboard square, a matching piece of designer series paper, some library clips, 2 brads, my favorite punch trio (1.25, 1.325 circles and scallop punches) I used my glue stick to adhere the Designer Series paper to the chipboard and then added the clips on the top.  (Confession... I got the clips at Target because I did not have time to order ones from SU.  I am not thrilled with them though, but they get the job done for today)  I adhered the post it to the pad just using the sticky strip on the back.  I covered the top post-it with a 3x3 white square, scraps, and Real Red ribbon.  I also used the Hostess set Sweet Little Sentiments for my saying.  I colored in the apple stamp with my markers and stamped it on Whisper White. Then I mounted it on my larger circle and scallop circle.

To make the gift card holder, I cut a 4.25x4.25 square from my Kraft paper, and scored it at 1.75. I stamped a strip of cardstock with the apple from the stamp using the matching ink (I tried both Old Olive and Real Red)  I rounded the corners of the card holder, stamped the saying on the front and added another apple combination with a scrap of ribbon.  The brads at the top corner hold it in, but I could have used sticky strip or my sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails