Thursday, July 30, 2009

Faux Alligator Purse



I found this here, and absolutely had to try it out! We are doing it at my Mom & Me class today, but might repeat the Technique on a Tuesday at my new Technique Tuesday Class.

A quick instruction list, you will need 3 top notes, 1 box cut with the Box#2 Die, and lots of clear embossing powder and a button, some 1/4: grosgrain, and velcro dots. To do the technique, I took my Versamark pad, covered my top notes with it then coated it with embossing powder. Then I drew lines on them with my boning folder and then embossed it. That creates the faux alligator look. Then I used sticky strip to attach the top notes (use the folded one for the top) to my box, and used a wonderful button and some ribbon on the side to turn it into a clutch. I did use a velcro sticky dot too to seal the purse. Fill it with a 3x3 card, or some dsp covered chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails