Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fall Craft-Punch Art Owl



So It is just my wishful thinking that is was fall and that school had started up again, but if you are feeling the same way, try out this cute little guy.

To make Mr. Owl you need some Stampin Up punches and the Big Shot Top Note Die. You need three shades of brown cardstock. I chose Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel, but Soft Suede and Kraft would work too. I also used Whisper white, Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango, and Basic Black. You need a small cello bag, and two pop glue dots (or booger glue as I call them)

For punches:Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1" circle, small oval.
You also need sponges and a stamp pad or two in the cardstock colors you choose.
Cut out the Chocolate Chip Top Note and score it in half. Fold it over and sponge around the edges.
Punch two scallop circles from Close to Caramel and sponge those as well. Then Punch out a 13/8" circle and tear it in half. I crumpled mine and sponged it. That is your eyelid. Punch out a Very Vanilla 1 1/4" eyeball and a 1" black pupil. I punched out two beaks with the small oval. I layered the Dusty Durango on the bottom and the pumpkin pie in the center.

I placed my beak down first, then my scallops, and layered the rest up on top. After that was complete, I filled my bag with candy corn, but carmel popcorn, or any other candy would be lovely. I loved the bright orange color of the candy corn:) This would make a great halloween treat bag.

To assemble the bag, fill it with candy, fold it over then staple it shut. Place a booger glue dot on each side, and squeeze the edges of the owl on top. You are done! Yeah!! Quick, fun and totally adorable.

To Order any of the punches needed to make this guy, click here to access my store 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails