Friday, October 16, 2009

Santa Big Shot Treat Holder


Yesterday I went to a meeting my upline was having, and we could bring a 3D Holiday item as a Shoebox Swap. I loved the Mummy I made a few weeks ago and I wanted to see if I could turn that same basic idea into a Santa. I googled the Coca Cola Santa for inspiration, and then went to town.

This little guy is pretty easy, but has lots of steps. I started with 4 card size pieces sheets of cardstock I ran through my Top Note Die on my Big Shot. Then I sketched out a rough hat shape and trimmed that out of Real Red, and then trimmed out the lower half of Santa's beard, and used the scrap white to make my fur trim for the hat. Apricot Appeal made a perfect face for Santa. I used my sponge Daubers and pastels to add blush to his cheecks.

I trimmed scallop oval made perfect mustaches after I cut it in half and scooped out the middle a bit. I punched 2 whisper white 1 inch circles for eyes, and 1 more for a pompom hat. I also punched 2 basic black half inch circles. I punched a 1 inch circle from real red and cut that in half for the lower lip. I used my slit punch for a nose from pretty in pink. I used my small oval to punch out eyebrows from whisper white. I took the Basic Black pastel and darkened my eye brows.

I took a Sahara Sand marker to add details for the eyebrows and mustache and beard. I also used the sponge dauber on the edges of the beard. I also used my White gel pen as a highlight on the eyes, nose and lower lip.

And no Santa would be complete without a touch of dazzling diamonds on the pompom and hat trim.

To Assemble Santa, I filled a small cello bag with soft peppermints and stapled the bag shut. then I used a pop up glue dot on each side and pinched the two together. Santa can stand up by himself now!

Feel free to duplicate Santa if you like, but if you have a blog, please link back to me! Have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails