Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Grad Gift Card


I started worked on a stash of Graduate gift cards for my graduating nieces and nephews this year. I was excited to see the Go Graduate Stamp Set in the Summer Mini Catalog! I wanted to make something that could work well for cash or a check since I never know what they will really need for a graduation gift and like sending something mailable in an envelope!

I used my ink pads as watercolor palettes and a brush to paint in the feet stamp. It took a little time since you need to make sure each touching section is dry before you paint with it or the colors will run into one another. Doing gowns, then shoes, then legs works well for that purpose.

I used the layout challenge from the Stampin 411 Blog and the watercolor technique from the Just Add Ink Blog Hop. I really like the tutorial for watercolors for Just Add Ink. I went to art school and majored in illustration, but never really thought about using some of my watercolor skills directly in stamping. It was absolutely the right technique for this stamp set! This was a great reminder about how much fun that can be, as well a fantastic set of instructions for anyone who has never attempted watercolors. The watercolor paper by SU is great, but Stazon is a must for this!

3 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with the sketch. Every graduate loves cash, and what better way to receive it than in a great card like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card...I love the size of this card... Great job with the Stamping 411 sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Heather! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails