Thursday, February 17, 2011

Creative Sketches Week 3 - Watercolor

I adore watercolors!  When I was in college as an illustration major, my media of choice was always watercolors.  I am always happy to spend some time with my trusty aqua painters. The colors of my pictures below are a tad off, so think Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzaz, and Poppy Parade.

This is the Happy Together stamp set, which has the most adorable little birds. I painted their bodies with Tempting Turquoise using multiple coats.  I liked that the stazon covered by the ink, just looks like a rich dark blue, and I can still see the details for the feathers.  It is important to let things dry between coats.  I also let everything dry and then did a light wash of pear pizzaz at then end for my ground.  I used my marker tip to color in the beaks and go over the feet so they were peach parfait instead of black.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails