Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Diva's Challenge #212 Color Challenge


I love doing Color challenges!  They get me thinking of colors I might never have put together.  This week at DivaCoffeeBreak Challenge, the combination was a great one!  Mambo Melon, Old Olive and Peach Parfait.  I don't think I ever would have put those three colors together, but they look wonderful together!


To make my card, I used the Layout sketch from last weeks Mojo Monday.  I did the card last week in time to enter it, but I had a rough weekend with a sick kiddo in the hospital and never got a chance to post to their site.


As soon as I saw this layout I knew I wanted to use Full of Life from Stampin Up!.  It is a great stamp set filled with fun sayings.  One of my personal favorites in the set is "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."  by Josh Lennon.  I experimented with circle shapes and used my Circle #2 Big Shot Die. I didn't want to pull out the Circle Cutter to make a 2 3/4" circle, so I used the Scallop Flower Fold technique.  I cut out out two scallops, scored them in between scallops, snipped to the center on one line, and folded into a fan.  I used two scallops to give myself the volume  needed. Once I had both scallops folded into a fan, I glued them together making sure the creased aligned perfectly.  It gives a wonderful puffy fan.  And I have no idea how I would ever mail this card!

I also used my newest Designer Series paper, the Bold DSP pack along with the Bold buttons,  Must confess, that is a Pumpkin Pie button.  But it works since the cardstock in Peach Parfait.  I needed a shocking amount of glue dots to get everything together, but I love it!  I think I might have gone overboard with my Striped Grosgrain ribbon this week, but I love that stuff!  I promise the next card will use another ribbon!

3 comments:

  1. That is a really cute card and I LOVE the colors. I like how the whole things looks together. Perfect. TFS. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love that scalloped flower! Love it all! thanks for playing with the divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! I love your card...thank you for playing with the Divas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails