Thursday, April 21, 2011

Creative Sketches Week 3

This week at Creative-Sketches.com, I was working with this layout below from our Design Team Lead.  I really wanted to go with a clean simple project, and I was excited that this layout will allow me to use minimal layers, and just pare it down to basics, but still create a lovely card to send to a friend. To make my life a little more fun, I took some color inspiration from the lovely Inkspirations-challenges Blog.  I look forward to their color challenges as the encourage me to mix up some colors I otherwise would never match myself. Regal Rose and Sahara Sand poor things, almost never get used at my house!


Our Technique challenge this week was Using Chalks or Pastels on your card.  I have done several different cards using chalks, and took a different approach this week.  I wanted to use my pastels very simply, trying to make this more of a minimal card.  I stamped my background image in Versamark, then popped chalk to highlight just a few flowers.  I also added some turquoise chalk to my eggs in the basket.  Both are fairly subtly and easy to add simply with the little wands that come in the Stampin Up pastel kit, or with a cotton swab. 


I hope you can visit Creative-Sketches.com to try your hand at either the Layout or Chalks Technique!  Can't wait to see what you make!



Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails