Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Layering & Paper Piecing

This week on Creative-Sketches.com we are doing a layer sketch.  I came up with this as my final card.

I really enjoy tearing paper when I am working with a winter or hilly scene.  I adore this little snowman set, but then I have to admit, I am a sucker for anything with snowmen!  This set is called Snow Much Fun (#122562)  So I took our sketch of the week, then added a wonderful snowy background with my Northern Flurry Big Shot Embossing Folder. (#120902)  I flipped it around and sponged the back-the part with the dembossed side-so that the snowflakes would remain white and the paper would take the Bashful Blue ink color.  I really like this little technique because it is not the normal approach to using this embossing folder.

My tip when doing this: Use dimensionals to lift the embossing folder so that the impression does not get destroyed.

Then I stamped my images a few times on different pieces of paper.  You can use Designer Series Paper to do this as well and to great affect, but for my image it worked best with solid cardstock. I colored my images with markers and cut it all out to assemble it.

The bird and the snowman got stamped directly on my white background so that I could have the legs and arms on the cardstock and not trim around them.  They are really just too small to cut out effectively even using the Paper Snips, which in my opinion are the best little scissors for cutting.  I also highlighted portions of my image with our new glitter glue!  So easy to use, and what a cute effect!

So, now you know what I did, what will you create this week?  Enter your card on our challenge blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails