Friday, December 9, 2011
I used retired supplies from my stash, and it was nice to use existing supers. Along the way I picked up speed and I think the next one will go so much faster!!!
I painted the chipboard and sealed the painted frame. I used 2-3 coats of sealer. I also used a few coats of mod podge for my center piece of scrapbook paper. Then I wrapped every cube. Use plenty of glue stick and perfectly trimmed strips of paper to make this job fast and easy, if sticky!! It worked better than the sticky strip and I think it is more secure this way. I also trimmed each curved notch by hand but a 3/4" punch would work I think, I ordered one as I don't own it!! Gasp!!
The final step was adding glitter to my chipboard numbers, this was super messy. Tombow green glue worked really well for the chunky glass glitter and I liked my two way glue for the
Micro glitter. I love the extra bling the glitter gives! After the numbers dried I used Tombow again to get all the numbers in place. It ships off today. It was a labor of love but so worth it!!