Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I've Moved!

So it might be no surprise that I have been missing on the blog front lately.  We moved from our home in Virginia to New York suddenly in the end August.  We spent about 5 weeks in a hotel, and then finally moved into our new home.  It took a bit of time to unpack the rest of the home, which kept me extremely busy.  Then right before Christmas, our basement, aka playroom, craft room, and office flooded when our sump pump failed.  After 2 months of insurance paperwork, and a tone of repacking, we were able to replace the carpet and then begin the time consuming process of moving everything back into the basement.

I have been slowly setting up my craft area and office space all over again.  Argh.  I have not been stamping much as you can imagine, but on my few craft projects, I have been using My Digital Studio.  I do love this program, and I am thrilled with the new version and all the new features it contains.  Now that I am finally getting myself established, I look forward to stamping and hosting workshops and classes in upstate New York.

In the meantime, here are my latest projects.

For Valentines Day I drew a heart on our chalkboard and posed the kids in front of them.  Then after I got them printed, I put lollipops and pencils in their fist with glue dots.  They were so simple to make, and absolutely adorable.  My favorite part, that I didn't have to write their names:) (The finished version was insanely cute)


 



My second project is in progress.  I made invitations for my daughters upcoming roller skating birthday party.  I know, I used non SU digital stamps.  I didn't love the fact that I couldn't change that stamps coloration, but happily I was able to use the Picker to pull the pinks from the skate and the girl! I am in the process of making labels for water bottles, cupcake toppers, and other fun things for the party.  I'll have more updates as I go along.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails