Thursday, May 14, 2009

Brayer Experiments

So I just got a brayer and had no idea what to do with. I began researching on the internet at splitcoast on brayer techniques. I found tons of great ideas and some really talented artists. I had no idea how versatile this funny little tool could be.

Here is what I have learned so far.
Start off the edge of your paper.
Have plenty of scrap paper.
Work right to left and lightest color to darkest.
Emboss first if you want it to pop under the brayer
Stamp in versamark then your ink to get a colored emboss-able stamp (or use craft)
Clean your brayer right away. Baby wipes work well.

So here is what I have done so far.

My first experiment with Clear embossing and a blend of Baja Breeze and Night of Navy and a flowers that was colored & embossed before brayering.


My Second-simple blend from Summer sun to Pumpkin Pie with lemons embossed first


My Third Card

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails