Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day-Dad, no peaking!



I absolutely love this Stamp set (Thoughts of Father) because my dad loves Model T's. When I was a kid he had a Model T in the garage that he was working on restoring. He no longer has his Model T so I was excited to make this card so he has a reminder of the car he worked so lovingly on all those years.

I used the watercolor paper to make this card. It was my first time using the watercolor paper and I really liked it. It was easy to color with the markers and to sponge on my background. I did not worry about rubbing the surface of the paper at all!

After stamping the image in Stazon, I sponged bashful blue and Kiwi Kiss ink on the card to create a sky & ground. Then I flicked the edges of the card with the ink. I left the center fairly white so my colored image would really shine. I used my blender pens and markers to color in the card and the flowers. I love sunflowers and brown eyed susans so I chose to higlight most of my wildflowers as brown eyed susans to work with the so saffron paper.

Then I stamped the phrase thinking of you on Whisper White and trimmed it into 3 strips. After I adhered the watercolor paper onto my piece of So Saffron, I wrapped the double stitched Chocolate Chip ribbon-which I love! around it and added my words and a die cut button. At the top of the card I punched a small hole and used a brad to keep my word strip in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails