Sunday, June 21, 2009

For the Newlyweds Sneak Peak


Well, this is not really a major sneak peak. I am using Walk in the Park Designer series paper which retires at the end of the month. I used the grey side which to be honest I had not touched.To add a little more contrast to my paper, I outlined some of the lightest leaves on the paper with my white gel pen. I paired the DS paper with our Brushed Silver cardstock. I stamped the top half of the card using VersaMark and the coordinating leaf from the Great Friends stamp set. It added a very subtle print to the top half of my card. Then I scalloped the bottom edge of my card and then used my Snail adhesive to apply my DS paper. Along the seam of the card I added a strip of Whisper White Grosgrain ribbon.

I ran Whisper White cardstock through my Big Shot using the Scallop Circle #2 die which has a medium and small scallop. I trimmed the circle into a dress. Then I ran the Dress back through the Big shot using the Texturz plates. That gave my dress more of a lacy bridal feeling. Then I added a ribbon waist band with Rose Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. I added a half back pearl from the pretties kit at the waist as well.

I stamped one of the sayings (For the Newlyweds) from our new set Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370) and punched it out with my Word Window Punch. All the stamps in Teeny Tiny fit inside the Word Window Punch which is great, and the cover just about every holiday or occasion you need. There are 24 stamps in the set. It will be available starting July 1st. I backed it with a flower I cut from my Walk in the park paper.

I was thrilled to discover that one of my stampers just got engaged, so of course, the card was meant for her! Check back soon for more information and ideas for a Wedding Portfolio. This is for the DIY Bride, or anyone looking to create a special one of a kind wedding invitation for their special day I will have ideas for creating your own wedding invitations, favors, save the dates and more.

Want to Make your Own? Here is what you need.

115370 Teeny Tiny Wishes- Available July 1st
113469 Scallop Circle #2 Big Shot Die
114512 Stampin Up! Backgrounds
100730 Whisper White Cardstock
100712 Brushed Silver Cardstock
102283 VersaMark
111366 Rose Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
109025 Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
109114 Pretties Kit
112091 Scallop Edge Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails