Thursday, June 4, 2009
So I have owned this stamp set for almost 2 years, but have not really used it as much as I planned when I bought it. I wanted to use it one more time before the end of June. So I came up with this card after looking on Splitcoast for ideas. I really wanted to use my new Popping Pastels and sponge dabbers. I enjoyed using the fingertip daubers to really get into the pastel and apply it to my paper. Since my flowers were round, it was easy. The eraser got an stray chalk around the edges beautifully. I ended up using my watercolor crayons and pastels to really get the flowers where I wanted them. I used the crayons on the stem and in the centers. Then I took my blender pen and smoothed out the one or two spots where I applied a bit too much crayon. I trimmed out 2 flowers and popped them off the surface of the card with Dimensions and stamped wonderful on the bottom edge of the card. I finished off by adding a little bit of sparkle (Clear Rhinestone Brads) in the center tiny flower at the bottom.