Friday, June 5, 2009

Lovely Layers


I don't usually use lots of layers of cardstock (probably because I hate getting my cutting math wrong), but I decided to try it out on this card. I love the Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper, and I am really going to miss Kiwi Kiss. It is my favorite In-Color from this past year.

This simple card needs lots of cutting, so here are the dimensions.
I 4.25x11 piece of cardstock folded in half,
2 strips of 2x5.25 cardstock,
2 strips 1.75x5 Designer series paper,
1 piece 2.75x3.5 cardstock,
1 piece 2.5x3.25 cardstck,
and 1 piece 2.25x3 Whisper White.
I used Rose Red, Cameo Coral, and Kiwi Kiss and of course Raspberry Tart. I also needed some scraps of the Raspberry Tart with flowers for my embellishments.

I used the My Dear Kind Friend from All Holidays.

Take your layers of cardstock and DS paper and layer them together. Then Stamp in Rose Red on the Whisper White. Mat that with the two pieces of cardstock and put it on the card with dimensionals. Then cut out at least 3 flowers. One went on the top of the card with a dimensional, the rest went flush on the layered surface.

Poof! You are finished. I could have taken a blender pen and removed some of the Rose Red ink and added some Kiwi Kiss to my Stamp, but I did not think of that until I finished the card. I am using clear envelopes with this card since there is not coordinating stamp I want to use for my envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails