Friday, March 19, 2010

Easter Parade

My Club meets tonight, and I was tinkering with the projects for the month last night, as well as a little door prize and fun sample to show them from my Sale-A-Bration set. I came up with these fun things. Since I know the girls peek at the blog before club, I will post the club cards tomorrow!


The Bunny Box uses the Matchbox Big Shot Die. I used kraft cardstock for the box base, the Sale-A-Bration DS paper as the wrap around top part, and Melon Mambo, Whisper White, and Pretty in Pink scraps. The stamp is from our Eight Great Greeting stamp set which I just love!!

I also embellished the box with a kraft cordury button and a piece of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. Four Hersheys Nuggets fit perfectly inside the box but they have been embellished with strips of the Welcome Neighbor Sale-A-Bration DS paper. You need a 3"x1" strip per nugget and it just dresses them up nicely. You could make a bunch of these for party favors for a bridal or baby shower very quickly!


The card is made using my new clear mounted SAB Stamp set Happy Moments.I really enjoy stamping using clear stamps. When I added the flowers I did it after I placed my main image on the card, so the clear blocks let me stamp without messing up my existing card. I wanted to try a simple 1 main layer card with just stamps and ink for embellishment. I think it turned out quite well! I did try a little paper piecing technique with the middle present. The other two presents were colored in with Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay markers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails