Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Penguin Punch Art Card & Tutorial




We got snow in Virginia this week, and I felt inspired to make this cute little penguin with my Owl Punch.  I really do love that thing because there are so many different types of owls.


I also just got my new Northern Snowflake Embossing folder recently and needed to make a wintery scene for my little guy.

So to make a penguin you need...
The Two Step Owl Punch (#118074), the Heart to Heart Extra Large Punch (# 119881), and 1" Circle Punch (#119868)

 
Punch the Owl body, Large heart, and eyeball in Basic Black, and trim the feet off.  Punch the feet with a little extra space and small heart from the Heart to Heart Punch in Pumpkin Pie. Punch the eyes and tummy in Whisper White.  Punch another eye ball in Brushed Silver.

Cut the Silver eyeball in half.  Cut the Large heart in half.  You may need to trim the ears off the owl.

First adhere the feet to the back of the body, then add the whisper white tummy to the body.  
 
 Put it up slightly higher than normal (sorry, the step by step was a little lower than I meant to do)
Next add the flippers on the side of the body and trim the ears to fit.

 
Add the circle head on top of the body.

Follow up with the heart beak and eyes, and eyelids.  Last step is to add a touch of white to the eyes.
 
 So I got some feedback that the owl looked a little sad, so here are my ideas to fix that problem,  either remove the silver eyelids, or trim them into crescents to look more open and cheerful.

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails