Thursday, January 13, 2011

Creative Sketches Week 2- Color Challenge

This week at Creative-Sketches.com we were working on a color Challenge with Black, White, and Brushed Silver.  I love the a la carte stamps Stampin Up! carries in the back of each Mini catalog and in the Main one, so I wanted to highlight one of the newest ones, Be My Valentine # 122045

I chose Basic Black Cardstock and ran it through my polka dots embossing folder.  Then I took my Brushed Silver cardstock and scalloped each edge with my scallop border punch.  I inked up my stamp twice, and stamped on my whisper white cardstock with Basic Black ink, and then on scrap with Real red ink for a very subtle pop of color.  I trimmed out my Valentine Sash, and mounted it on my card with dimensionals.  Before I attached the silver and white pieces, I carefully added a Basic Black taffeta ribbon around the edge of my card and adhered my bow with a mini glue dot.  I love that stuff.  You can't really see it in the picture, but I also added two rhinestones to the smaller flowers on the top half of the heart.  I do love a little bling! I think the overall look is very elegant, but somewhat masculine because of the color palette.

What can you make with just Black, White, and Silver?  Pop over to Creative-Sketches.com and post your link!  Can't wait to see what you make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails