Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hostess Halloween Punch Art

This week for Creative-Sketches.com we have a Holiday Card Challenge.  I know we are almost down to the wire, but it isn't Halloween yet, and I have been wanting to get this adorable Hostess set inky!
This card was created with my Owl Punch, the Large Blossom Punch, the Pennant Punch, and 2.5" Circle punch.  The Owl punch is pretty clear for use.  I stamped, colored,and paper pierced this adorable trick-or-treating owl.  I wanted to use my punches to create a Halloween scene, but follow our fun sketches this week.  I took some liberties, but kept some elements  like the large top curve became my moon.  The ribbon at the top of the sketch dropped down and became my fence. To give my little scene some depth and dimension, I sponged edges, and created wood lines for my fences. 

Punch Art Tricks-
Use the inside of the Pennant Punch to create perfect angles for the tips of banners and the tops of fence posts.  Thread in your strip so that only the corner you want punched is inside the punch itself.  It can be tricky to maneuver so a post-it makes a great handle!

Think Outside the box- The Blossom punch makes a great cloud when you cut it apart and reassemble pieces of the blossom in layers as cloud sections.


So Happy Halloween, and be safe when you are Trick or Treating!  Swing by our challenge blog to submit your card using our sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails