Monday, October 24, 2011

No sew pin cushion and Sewn version

I found this awesome pair on this blog, and had to CASE it! Thank you for the inspiration!



Sewn version first-
I adore my Big Shot for fabric projects. I used my square scallop die to cut out 8 squares from my Spice Cake fabric.
See together with right side out so you have the scalloped edge. Repeat 4 times and then sew the top and bottom block. Now you have a front with 4 squares and a back. Press with an iron. Go around the edges leaving a hole out for stuffing. Stitch the open edge closed.

Take two buttons and a large needle. Go from side to side pulling the buttons in to create a divet. Snip thread all over and you are done!


No sew version-
Cut a 8" square of fabric and grab a handful of fluff. I used a fancy feast cat food can, but a different small container would work for this project as well. Think small flower pot or metal can.

I cut a 1.25" x 12 strip and wrapped my can. I heated hot glue, and ran a bead of glue around the top of the can. Wrap the fabric and fluff in a ball, and pit inside the cat food can without burning yourself! Tie a bow or embellishment and you are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails