Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baby Shower decorations

I recently got to host a baby shower for a friend. I worked with another good friend on the decorations which was tons of fun!. We didn't use su paper, supplies, but did use my
Big Shot and My Digital Studio.

I need to thank a few ladies from Pintrest and the blogging world for wonderful ideas and inspiration!

From ourburst bites.com inspiration for my baby shower wreath came from their Halloween tulle wreath! Change the colors and ribbon and it's perfect for any baby girl!

Thanks to studio 5 for the printable baby jar sugar scrub labels! We lived making the grapefruit sugar scrub for these yummy favors! We also used their pattern for the baby banner and the cones we used for the mantle decoration. If you get stuck tracing, put the template up on your window with dotto as use a bit more cotton to hold the paper down. You will be able to trace the template and keep your window clean!!

My big shot was a huge help!! I used the new framelits to make matted labels for the popcorn mix. It was easy to print out the wording and line it up with framelits to get it in the right place! I also made favor cones for our candy bar. My petal cone die makes a wonderful cone shaped container with petal closing top, perfect for candy to go!

Finally the cupcakes were from "What's New Cupcake". This wonderful book is filled with creative ideas like rolling fruit slices in sugar and shaping them into roses. Yummiest than fondant and easy to make!

I have made diaper cakes and I love using round cake pans to form Circular diaper layers. I am a huge fan of clear elastics for the diapers too. It's hard to find all white diapers but wise strips of scrapbook paper and ribbon hide the colorful diapers fairly well! The cake topper is made of a baby blanket and "lovie"- a stuffed animal satin bitty blanket my son can't sleep without!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful job you ladies did! I really love the banner - beautiful! Following you now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails