Thursday, November 21, 2013

Watercolor Video Tutorial


I love doing watercolor cards, and could not wait to try out my new stamp set, squeal, since it has been a little while since I did a tutorial, I thought a video would be best to demo watercolors.  Hope this is helpful, and you enjoy it!

Check out my latest video here.



Supplies:
You need good quality water color paper, I really like the kind Stampin Up has because it does not warp when you add water. You can use a brush, but I really like aqua painters as they help me eliminate mess and accidents!  You need a great stamp set, I used Joyful Christmas  (#131805) and of course Stazon ink.  All your classic Ink pads will work with the painter, so any color is available to you!
I also used the Season of Style DSP paper Stack, Gumball Green, Soft Suede, and Cherry Cobbler. I also used Crystal Effects for the flower centers.  Also helpful to have on hand are paper towels, and a hair dryer. -Hair dryer to dry between watercolor layers, and a paper towel to blot the paper if you accidentally put down too much color, and need to lift a tiny bit.  This also works if you go outside the lines and want to fix it if you aren't cutting it out.

Have fun and Happy Stamping!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails