Saturday, January 22, 2011

Valentine Defined!

I really love this set, but I had a harder time using the tree stamp.  I was browsing around on StampinConnection.com, which is a really awesome online community for Stampin Up! demonstrators, and saw some wonderful cards. With that inspiration, I made this card.  I stamped the background and ran it into my Big Shot embossing folder.  I love how I was able to create a great looking background without buying more paper for this card, not that I don't love Designer Paper, but sometimes is isn't in the budget!
I inked the tree with my lighter Pretty in Pink ink pad, and colored with my Chocolate Chip marker on the trunk. I could have hit a few of the hearts with Melon Mambo or Rose Red, but I was in a hurry!
I repeated the process with my Love stamp, only this time it was all done in markers since the area was quite small. I stamped and punch with my Small and Large Oval punches. I stamped another heart, dazzled it up and popped it with Dimensionals.  To finish off the card, I added a fine line of two way glue and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds.  I think next time I will use Crystal Effects for the Glue.  It will dry slower, but I would have made less mess using that glue I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails